Designed for individuals who are interested in a career in aviation. Students learn critical thinking and analytical skills needed for careers as pilots, air traffic control, or in aerospace engineering and maintenance. In addition to spending time in a simulator, students visit an air traffic control tower, fixed wing and helicopter facilities, and the Everett Boeing Factory.
The Aviation Academy introduces students to various parts of the industry while teaching them valuable information that will lead them towards their pilot's license - rotor or fixed wing. The course is available to students in Grade 12, or in Grade 11 with special permission.
- The program takes place each Semester at the Abbotsford International Airport
- 60 hours of class time. Classes run for 3 hours in the evening, usually 2x a week. Click here for course content
- Program is run in partnership with Chinook Helicopters
- Students earn 4 Grade 12 Credits AND can apply to have the course recognized for University Credits
- Students must have strong English and Math skills
- Program Fees: $1250. Includes all books and materials.
- **Note: Due to the extra time and driving required of homestay families to get students to and from the airport there could be extra transport costs involved.
To apply to the program, please contact us for more information.
See what the Aviation Program is all about Link to video