Experience great Canadian adventure activities alongside Canadian (and International!) students with the Outdoor Education Program!
Many students say this is the BEST part of their Canadian experience! Download Information
International students at ANY Abbotsford School District High School can participate in exciting activities of their choice after school and on the weekends with the Community Recreation Extreme Program . Students receive information about how to participate during orientation week. All events are organized and supervised by Abbotsford School District staff.
Each year new activities are offered. Past events include...
- Mt Biking on nearby Vedder Mountain
- Hiking the Othello Tunnels - see BC's railway history
- Skills Night - students learn the basics of hiking and camping
- Hike and camp on the Tusk - one of BC's famous peaks with stunning views
- Whitewater River rafting or kayaking - on nearby Chilliwack river
- Paintball - lots of fun and adrenaline as teams compete
- Indoor Rock Climbing - learn the ropes at our local climbing gym
- Hike and camp at Lindeman Lake - world class scenery close to Abbotsford
- Ski/Snowboard at Sasquatch Mountain - just 45 mins from Abbotsford, instruction and equipment included!
- Hike and Camp the Stein Valley - a classic BC adventure
- Rock Climbing at nearby Hatzic Rock - great routes close to Abbotsford
- Snow Shoeing / Tubing at Seymour Mountain - slip and slide, no experience required!
There are minimal extra costs for events - several are free. Costs as kept as low as possible so that as many students as possible can participate. Students can select as many or as few activities as they want.
Outdoor Education Courses
At WJ Mouat Secondary International Students can participate in individual activities, or they can register in the Commrec Extreme course for course credit. Students must complete a minimum number of activities and assignments to pass the course.
Click Here to see the 2023 Calendar of events