International Field Trips
Abbotsford International students can...
take part in full day excursions offered each semester to Whistler, Victoria and Vancouver
participate in outdoor adventures through our outdoor education program
go on optional trips to the Rocky Mountains in Spring Break or to the wild west coast of Vancouver Island's famous Tofino
International Student Outings
Whistler Mountain skiing and snowboarding
Visit one of the top ski destinations in the world. Extra fee (approx $140CAD) required to cover transportation, lift tickets, equipment rental and instruction.
Vancouver region sightseeing, sample itinerary may include...
- Transportation in a comfortable tour bus with an experienced, friendly and fun tour guide (1 per bus) providing commentary & entertainment. Groups are supervised by 1 chaperone for every 15 students. Sample itinerary...
- 8:00 am Depart for Vancouver, drive through historic Chinatown
- 9:30 – 11:30 am Arrive at Canada Place & Jack Poole Plaza and visit the Convention Center and see the Olympic Torch of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games following by a walking tour of Gastown
- 11:30am – 12:30 pm Explore around Stanley Park, one of the largest city parks in the world. View ancient giant trees, stop at the totem poles and Prospect Point to see the mountains on the North Shore before returning to Robson Street.
- 12:30pm -4:00 pm Free time to grab lunch followed by shopping on Robson Street or at the Pacific Mall
- 4:15 pm Depart for Abbotsford, back to the school and drop off students at approximately 6 pm
Victoria City - students take the ferry to Vancouver Island to visit the beautiful capital city of British Columbia. Sample itinerary may include...
- Transportation in a comfortable tour bus with 2 friendly DC Student Adventure guides per coach. Groups are supervised by 1 chaperone for every 15 students. Sample intinerary...
- 8:00 -9:30 am Travel to Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal
- 10:00 -11:35 am Ferry Depart for Swartz Bay and ferry through the beautiful Gulf Islands. It is possible to see Orca whales on this trip...
- Enjoy a scenic coastal drive through the beautiful communities of James Bay, with stops at Beacon Hill Park and Mile 0 (the start of the Trans Canada Highway)
- Sightseeing tour of downtown Victoria including the Inner Harbour, Royal BC Museum (included), Fisherman's Wharf, Government street, and provincial government buildings
- 3:45 pm Buses depart for Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal
- 5:00 - 6:35 pm Sail back to Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal
- 6:35 pm-8:05 pm Drive back to Abbotsford and drop off students
Outdoor Education Adventures (organized by the School District)
Organized and supervised by the School District, the Outdoor Education Club offers activities after school and on weekends - many students say this is the highlight of their experience. Hike, camp, rockclimb, go whitewater rafting, ski/snowboard/snowshoe, mountainbike, play paintball. All activities are with local Canadian students.
Optional Trips to the Rocky Mountains and the Yukon to see the Aurora Borealis
"Discover Canada Student Adventures" provides fun filled trips during the February long weekend and spring break.
For more information click here